Just an ironic blast from the past, an Ansel Adams photograph of an interned American citizen of Japanese descent, putting up a poster celebrating “American Education Week,” at the Manzanar War Relocation Center, California. Photo details:
- Title: Education week sign / photograph by Ansel Adams.
- Creator(s): Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984, photographer
- Date Created/Published: 
- Medium: 1 photographic print : gelatin silver.
1 negative : nitrate.
- Summary: A woman prepares a sign promoting American Education Week by attaching it to the wall of the Education Department office.
- Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-ppprs-00417 (b&w digital file from original print) LC-DIG-ppprs-00158 (b&w digital file from original neg.) LC-A35-T01-6-M-6 (b&w film dup. neg.)
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication.
- Call Number: LOT 10479-7, no. 20 [P&P]
- Repository: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA
- Title transcribed from Ansel Adams’ caption on verso of print.
- Original neg. no.: LC-A35-6-M-6.
- Gift; Ansel Adams; 1965-1968.
- Forms part of: Manzanar War Relocation Center photographs.