Not big news — they do this almost every year — but I want to put down the anchor on this story.
Why do I want to anchor it? In about three days, if tradition holds, I’ll get an e-mail from some vet madder than hell that Obama shut out the kids of military veterans from the Easter Egg Roll; the story he sends will probably claim Obama changed it to a Ramadan Relleno Roll, or something.
I post it here so I can find it quickly, then. Obama H8ers will distort every piece of good news. You can see the drumbeat start in the “More” section below. A Continuing Resolution passed the Senate today, and is expected to win approval in the House tomorrow, providing funds to continue the Easter Egg roll on April 13, as well as the rest of the government through the end of the Fiscal Year.
- SequEaster: White House threatens to cancel annual Easter Egg Roll (twitchy.com)
- “Tell Christians Easter is Expendable”… White House Cancels Annual Egg Roll (palookavillepost.com)
- After White House Tours Shut Down, White House Easter Egg Roll Is Next…seriously? (katenews2day. wordpress.com)
- Another sequestration casualty? (politico.com)
- Horrible… Obama May Cancel 135th Annual Easter Egg Roll Due to Sequester (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Re: Could a government shutdown doom the White House Easter Egg Roll? (forum.prisonplanet.com)
- Some con bloggers tried to set it up so they could slam Obama regardless which way things go
Update: Turns out that Fox News had already slammed Obama, falsely, for keeping the Egg Roll on the calendar. As Mediaite reported, Fox News’s Megyn Kelly charged it was all politics, prompting White House press guy Jay Carney to explain the event is paid for out of donations, not out of the budget.