. . . because he screwed it up.
Thanks to Morgan Freeberg over at House of Eratosthenes — shows he’s a fair player (I doubt he’s got much sympathy with the CSCOPE project).
Here’s the chart Glenn Beck, or perhaps his partner-in-calumny David Barton, appears to have mis-identified, the one that no one else who joined his witch-hunt bandwagon bothered to read:
I’m not sure which episode of “The Blaze” this appeared on in the fuzzy version in my earlier post (anyone know?); but it’s clear that it’s been grotesquely mischaracterized by CSCOPE critics. Think about a Texas high school kid; the readings say communism prohibits private property ownership. Given that, how do you think a Texas high school student — generally a sophomore for world history – would answer the questions in the “Communism” box:
What about Private Property?
How much government control?
(Say it ain’t so, Glenn Beck: Did David Barton really complain that Texas’s curriculum puts the family at the the foundation of our culture, and our government? (Yes, he did.) He fought to get that in; is Barton on drugs, or depressed, or drunk? If so, get him help. If not, he’s corrupt.)
More, from the rational world:
- SBOE to review curriculum program (amarillo.com)
- Panel outlines goals for studying curriculum system (star-telegram.com)
- Jason Stanford’s column, at MSNBC, “Texas school conspiracy reaches state legislature”
- Crooks and Liars, “Texas wingnuts outraged over their own schools’ curriculum”
- Irving Schools ‘Muslim Bias’ Investigation Instead Finds Christian Bias In Texas District’s Curriculum (bondsofbrotherhood.wordpress.com)
- Debating CSCOPE for the wrong reasons (rileyedu.wordpress.com)
- Texas Monthly, “CSCOPE Under the Microscope,” April 3, 2013
More from the irrational world, the Wall of Shameful reporting:
- CSCOPE: Exposing the Nation’s Most Controversial Public School Curriculum System (grumpyelder.com)
- Clarification of David Barton’s Statements on the Glenn Beck Show (educationviews.org) Donna Garner’s confession that Glenn Beck’s and David Barton’s complaints are about material that is NOT in CSCOPE, or that is now outdated; no apology from her, however.
- New Amerika: Exposing The Nation’s Most Controversial Public School Indoctrination System (patdollard.com)
- RED ALERT! CSCOPE! – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Glen Beck’s Investigated Obama’s Education Scam – He’s not happy (grumpyelder.com)
- CSCOPE: Exposing The New Marxist Public School Curriculum (5440fight.com)