Mitt Romney’s fortune comes mostly from his work at Bain Capital Management.
Capital management? What is capital management, exactly, you ask?
Prof. Robert Reich explained how private equity firms like Bain make their money, and fortunately MoveOn.org had a camera running when he did, “How exactly did Mitt Romney Get So Obscenely Rich? Robert Reich explains The Magic of Private Equity in 8 Easy Steps”:
Oh, I have one: Prof. Reich, can you explain how Warren Buffett got so obscenely rich, and tell us the differences in the methods Buffett used, from those Romney used?
I have another question, too, but I’m not sure where to direct it: Romney says he wants to “help out” the U.S. with his budgeting expertise; to whom does he expect to sell the U.S. government once he’s wrung out all the savings?
More, and Related articles:
- Robert Reich (The Fable of the Century) (educationclearinghouse.wordpress.com)
- Why Romney’s targets went bust so often (professorbainbridge.com)
- Romney using ethics exception to limit disclosure of Bain holdings (camelotgypsy.wordpress.com)
- Robert Reich: The Romney Tax Loophole (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mitt Romney Needs More Time to Finish His Taxes, Goddamnit (slog.thestranger.com)
- Matthews, Robert Reich Battle WSJ’s Steve Moore Over Tax Code, Obama’s Populist Advantage (mediaite.com)
- How Did Mitt Romney Make So Much Money and Pay So Little in Taxes? (wallstreetpit.com)
- Robert Reich explains why Mitt Romney isn’t dreading tax day (dailykos.com)
- Robert Reich Explains How Mitt Romney Got Obscenely Rich (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- You should see Addicting Info’s take on the video