It was a great video, out last year:
But this year? The website is expired. (Somebody holler if it gets renewed, please.) Free parking at GoDaddy.com is limited, it appears.
Whatever happened to the idea that we might reconsider Columbus Day, what we celebrate, and how to celebrate wisely to honor indigenous Americans?
Do we need more material like this?
More to consider:
- Excerpt from the late Howard Zinn’s People’s History of the United States, focusing on Columbus’s actions and the effects on Americans of the time, at the Tucson Citizen
- Peter Rothberg’s blog post at The Nation, from 2010
- “Surviving Columbus: First Encounters,” at KNME TV in New Mexico (hour-long video)
- Review of “Columbus Day Legacy,” a Native American produced film on protests in Colorado, at Indian Country
- Trailer for “Columbus Day Legacy” below (you may have seen the film on PBS World this past week), from Trickster Films, LLC