Here’s a preview of another piece of television that many Republicans hope you will not bother to see, a piece that explains exactly how and why the health care reforms championed by President Obama will help you and millions of others:
Program: U.S. Health Care: The Good News
Episode: The Good News in American Medicine
Journalist T.R. Reid examines communities in America where top-notch medical care is available at reasonable costs and, in some instances, can be accessed by almost all residents. Included: Mesa County, Colo.; Seattle; Everest, Wash.; Hanover, N.H. In Mesa County, for instance, doctors, hospitals and insurers place an emphasis on prevention; and a program that offers pre-natal care to poor women has proved popular.
T. R. Reid’s report started airing on PBS stations in mid-February. If you haven’t seen it, go to this site to view the entire production.
More, resources (suggested by PBS, mostly):
- FRONTLINE: Sick Around the World (Video)
- PBS NewsHour: Choose Your Own Health Care Adventure
- PBS NewsHour: Choose Your Own Health Care Adventure, Part II
- PBS NewsHour: Health Reform: Pediatric Cancer Patients (Video)
- PBS NewsHour: “Care about Your Care” (Video)
- PBS Topics: Health