Found this at Under the Lobsterscope — our incarceration rates form a testament to one of the greatest failures of the U.S. over the past two decades. Live links added here for your convenience.
- Source of the graphic, http://www.onlinecriminaljusticedegree.com/no-justice-for-all/
- New York Times, “U.S. prison population dwarfs that of other nations” April 23, 2008
- List of incarceration rates by country (“We’re #1!)
- Land of the Free: the Best Investigative Reporting on U.S. Prisons (propublica.org)
- Tragedies … Read the Essay about Jon E. Yount (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Why Do We Keep Building Needless Prisons? (alethonews.wordpress.com)
(This may be the last time we use the reblog feature — it’s very clunky!)