Department of Interior tweeted that the photo was posted at Instagram — no other big details:
A full #moon rises over Mt. Everts near Mammoth Hot Springs in #Yellowstone National Park.
With more than 300 properties including the “Crown Jewels” of the National Parks, with employees carrying cell phones, it must be an interesting job to pick one photo to post on Instagram on any given day. I wonder who makes the selection.
(I wonder whether anyone will glance quickly, and misread “Mt. Everts” as “Mt. Everest.”)
- Colors & Contrast at Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone Park (louiselakier.wordpress.com)
- Someplace you might otherwise avoid, but have got to see – Yellowstone and its bubble and boil (randomthoughtsfrommidlife.wordpress.com)
- Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone: Perfect for HDR iPhoneography (speedofcreativity.org)
- Yellowstone-Day 6 – Yellowstone National Park, WY (travelpod.com)
- Safari Time! – Yellowstone National Park, WY (travelpod.com)
- “Out of Yellowstone,” Nature Conservancy film
- “Yellowstone, Land to Life” NP orientation film trailer
- “Yellowstone earthquake swarm, 2010” (several events prompted discussion about Yellowstone’s caldera; do a search if you want more)