Watching New Yorkers get caught not-yet-prepared to stop the shutdown of the subways and electrical grid due to the Sandy storm surge at high tide, and noting that the ridicule heaped by denialists on those who tried to warn us about such storms, I asked at Climate Sanity about updates on their rosy “What? Us worry?” view of climate change.
It’s a classic example of how rabid advocacy for a disproven position can predict that the rabid advocate will not change her/his mind, at least publicly.
- Sandy floods New York, with record high storm surge
- Climate Change Threatens to Create a Second Dust Bowl (scientificamerican.com)
- Watching The Documentary “Chasing Ice” Changes One Viewers Opinion On Climate Change. (jubbling.com)
- The Next Four Years: What Obama Can Do on Climate Change (climatedesk.org)
- Difficult to ignore climate change after Hurricane Sandy (couriernews.suntimes.com)
- Peer Reviewed Research Predicted NYC Subway Flooding by #Sandy (scienceblogs.com)
- Climate Change Talks: What Are The Goals In Qatar (chimalaya.org)
- Climate Change Study: IPCC underestimating sea level rise (indybay.org)
- “Adapting to annihilation,” A Change in the Weather
- Environmental cartoons by Joel Pett