Exit polling called this trend 20 years ago; is everybody else ready yet?
NOAA reports: Nov. global temperatures 5th highest on record. 333rd consecutive month with a global temp above 20th century average.—
InsideClimate News (@insideclimate) December 17, 2012
333 months of worldwide temperature averages above the 20th century average — a kid younger than 27.5 years has never lived through a single month cooler than the 20th century average for that month. We’re well into the second generation of people who know nothing but global warming.
A reasonable and smart person might note that one does not need to be a student of advanced statistics to spot a trend here.
Read the NOAA report (you may have to select “November 2012″):
Global temperature highlights: November
- The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for November was the fifth highest on record for November, at 56.41°F (13.67°C) or 1.21°F (0.67°C) above the 20th century average. The margin of error associated with this temperature is ±0.13°F (0.07°C).
- November marked the 36th consecutive November and 333rd consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average. The last below-average temperature November was November 1976 and the last below-average temperature month was February 1985.
- The global land temperature was the sixth warmest November on record, at 2.03°F (1.13°C) above the 20th century average. The margin of error is ±0.20°F (0.11°C).
Just a look at the extremes in November should be alarming, especially if you live in the USA.
- 2012 set to be warmest year ever recorded in US (earthsky.org)
- Are You 28 Yet? No? Then You Have Never Seen a Cooler-Than-Average Month (treehugger.com)
- 90-percent chance 2012 will be warmest ever for U.S. (cbsnews.com)
- Myths and Facts about Global Warming (wattsupwiththat.com) (The climate change denialist voice, here in usual form demonstrating how use of red herrings, bait-and-switch, and outright fabrication can make someone appear knowledgeable about a topic, and accurate in foolish criticism.)
- UN leak shows more evidence humans cause global warming. (bloomberg.com)
- Mother Nature Is Just Getting Warmed Up: Record-Smashing Early December Assures 2012 Will Be Hottest In U.S. History (thinkprogress.org)
- The End of Winter, and Other Horrifying New Global Warming Projections (gawker.com)
- Using this information in your classroom: Global Warming by Brickelle Prochnow (luxuriousideasfromroom109.wordpress.com)
- If You are 27 or younger, you’ve never lived through a colder than average month (Bump) (juancole.com)