Brilliant Richard Wiseman short.
In a time when about half of Americans incorrectly believe the national government is “broke,” and a similar number believe that government should aid rich people but not poor people, and an astonishing number believe that Americans will stop working if they don’t get tax breaks fast, we might want to question whether we’re seeing things realistically.
Wiseman shows how our view may be distorted:
So, we should wonder: How can we tell whether our views are distorted?
And: Are our views distorted? How can we account for that, or amend it?
- Amazing illusions (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- Amazing illusions (barnabyd.wordpress.com)
- T.g.i.f. ~ 10 Bets You’ll Never Lose!!! (rainsoftottawa.wordpress.com)
- Another Ten Bets You’ll Never Lose (gizmodo.com)
- Friday Illusion: Mystery mirror reveals missing banana (newscientist.com)
- Ten More Bets You’ll Never Lose (gizmodo.com)