I’m running behind in listing some of the articles, but since Utah Rep. Rob Bishop first alerted me to the stupidity raging on Rachel Carson‘s reputation, DDT‘s dangers and malaria, Millard Fillmore’s Bathtub hosted more than 200 articles on the topics.
Overwhelmingly, the evidence is that Rachel Carson was right, DDT is still dangerous and needs to be banned, but malaria still declines, even with declining DDT use.
- Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring at 50: Catalog of tributes (timpanogos.wordpress.com)
- Rachel Carson biography, On a Farther Shore, one of best books of 2012 (timpanogos.wordpress.com)
- Still no ban on DDT: Treaty monitors allow DDT use to continue (timpanogos.wordpress.com)
- New Rachel Carson Biography (Book Acquired, 11.13.2012) (biblioklept.org)
- World Malaria Report 2012: Malaria still declining, but more resources needed fast (timpanogos.wordpress.com)
- Scientists hate the GOP for a reason (salon.com)