Intrigued to learn our old friend Pete Seeger signed up for a Twitter account — years ago. Pete tweets regularly.
He’s an encouragement to all of us. He boasts that there is no group he has ever refused to sing for, and in his typical humility, he claims that he can get any group to join, so they do all the heavy lifting.
Pete keeps up a schedule of concerts, most for causes. He sails with the sloop Clearwater, campaigning for clean water on the Hudson River (much accomplished) and community efforts to change things for the better. As you will see below, he pulls his own when raising the sails. He cuts his own wood to heat the house he built.
Pete will be 94 on May 3, 2013.
Why does he keep on going? He might be telling us, from this 2012 recording.
- Pete Seeger on Thistle & Shamrock (bethmagill.wordpress.com)
- NY school names theater after Pete, Toshi Seeger (newsday.com)
- Folk Singer Pete Seeger Hosts Brodsky Fundraising Event (whytmedia.typepad.com)
- School theater named after Pete Seeger (cristianomlima. wordpress.com)
- Pete Seeger Sings for New Bruderhof (virtual-strategy.com)
- Expectations – Literacy and Music Monday (reimagineimago. wordpress.com)