Sometimes I think tax day was pushed back to April 15 just to foul up everybody’s plans for Thomas Jefferson‘s birthday.
Jefferson was born on April 13, 1743, and I miss the anniversary almost every year — like I did this year.
Oh, well. Next year in Charlottesville.
Jefferson’s birthday should be a holiday, don’t you think? Religious Freedom Day, or Public Education Day, or Self-evident Truths Day — something to honor Thomas Jefferson.
Tom was 270, in 2013.
- Happy Birthday, Thomas Jefferson (freethoughtblogs.com)
- Thomas Jefferson’s 270th Birthday For more photos… (instagram.com)
- 18th Century Advice: Thomas Jefferson on Education Reform (heritage.org) (Yeah, this one’s here for comic relief; the Heritage Foundation does not support public schools, which Jefferson said are essential to the good operation of our republic.)
- 10 facts about Thomas Jefferson for his 270th birthday (constitutioncenter.org)
- Thomas Jefferson: 16 quotes on his birthday (csmonitor.com)
- Celebrate Thomas Jefferson’s Birthday with Transwebtutors.com (itutors.wordpress.com)
- History for Kids – Today is Thomas Jefferson’s Birthday (marabird.wordpress.com)
- Jefferson’s celebration at Monticello moved indoors
- Thomas Jefferson statute dedicated at U-Va Wise
- Thomas Jefferson’s Birthday Today (wayfaringtraveler.blogspot.com)