It’s a prize-winning photograph by “Scout Tufankjian, an independent photographer whose portfolio includes a book of photographs from Obama’s first run for the White House.”
Photographs sometimes reveal truths, and sometimes those truths are wonderful, and smile-making.
Bill Wundram’s column discusses the photo, in the Quad-City Times (it’s worth the click to read it).
THE QUIETUDE of the soda fountain booth was a marked difference from a rousing Obama appearance a half-hour earlier at a curb-to-curb outdoor rally.
After the speech, the Obamas adjourned to the cool of Lago’s. Tom had prepared for them to be seated in Booth No. 3.
“The Obamas were shaking so many hands before coming into our soda shop that I had to make three different chocolate sundaes for them.” Tom says. “They kept melting.”
- The Most Liked and Tweeted Photo of all Time – Part 2 (bagnewsnotes.com)
- Why the GOP may regret its Obama scandal obsession (tv.msnbc.com)
- GOP not satisfied by Benghazi email release (news.yahoo.com)
- GOP Seeks to Avoid Scandal Backlash (politicalwire.com)
- More photos from Tufankjian, at thebrightsurf