Join us and stand up for reality. http://climaterealityproject.org – This film exposes the parallels between Big Tobacco‘s denial of smoking’s cancer-causing effects and the campaign against the science of climate change — showing that not only are the same strategies of denial at work, but often even the same strategists.
If you watched that all the way through, odds are high you’re not a denier. If you can’t watch it, you really should think about it, hard.
More, and useful resources:
- Annals of global warming: Arizona wildfires 2013 and the “new normal” (timpanogos.wordpress.com)
- One more time: Basic climate science with Bill Nye (timpanogos.wordpress.com)
- Discovery of Global Warming, at the American Institute of Physics (Spencer Weart)
- Killer CO2 cloud (see especially comments)
- Abstract of “Carbon Dioxide Poisoning,” Toxicology Review, 2005
- Industry’s anti-global warming misinformation campaign reminiscent of Big Tobacco’s strategy, Scientific Activist
- Big Tobacco then, global warming now (desmogblog.com)
- Canada: Welcome to climate change, Toronto (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Pacific leaders look to link climate change and disaster policy (radioaustralia.net.au)
- Climate Change Denial now available as Kindle ebook (skepticalscience.com)
- The GOP’s Creeping Climate Crackup. Don’t Blame Us. It’s Al Gore’s Fault. (climatecrocks.com)
- “Colorado River Runs Dry,” Smithsonian Magazine; see especially the slide show, photos by Peter McBride
- “Science as the Enemy – the traveling salesmen of climate skepticism,” Der Spiegel (in English)