Surely Veterans Day is one flag-flying day you don’t need a reminder about.
At least, I hope so. Veterans Day gets a lot more attention and due homage in 2013 than it did in 2000. Good.
Parades and ceremonies at National Cemeteries and other veterans memorial sites will mark the day; it’s a good time to consider whether we offer our veterans the respect they have earned and deserve, especially when cutting their benefits.
Fly your flag sunrise to sunset, please. Veterans Day, November 11, Armistice Day, Veterans affairs, veterans benefits
- Presidential proclamation of Veterans Day 2013
- Top 10 ways to really honor our veterans, Juan Cole
- 10 Things You Can Do to Honor a Veteran (offthebase. wordpress.com)
- Veterans Day (davids commonplace book. wordpress.com)
- Tuskegee Airmen honored at National Veterans Award Dinner in Birmingham (al.com)
- VETERAYS DAY 2013: A call to arms for young vets as veterans groups face uncertain future without you (timesfreepress.com)
- In Photos: Remembrance Day across the world (globalnews.ca)
- VETERANS DAY 2013: Free Burgers for Veterans at Shoneys (potencialmillonario.com)
- Veterans Day posts from previous years at Millard Fillmore’s Bathtub