A friend notes that he can’t seem to get good explanations of evolution from scientists or science-knowledgeable people, not without a great deal of condescension and snark against creationists.
My experience is quite the opposite — I generally find it difficult to maintain a discussion without creationists blowing up at me, and calling names. So this will be a great exercise in snark and manners control for me.
Rules of this thread: Ask any question about evolution. Avoid snark and rudeness. Be polite. Provide information without condescension, ridicule, and especially hoax. Any and all questions on evolution should be fair game.
Let’s see what happens, in comments.
More – sources, resources and commentary readers may find useful:
- Science education wins, Christian creationists lose in Texas (examiner.com)
- Texas Creationism: Big Shootout Tomorrow (sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com)
- Science: Explaining evolution 1 – Species (ool.co.uk)
- Evolution debate again engulfs Texas board (richarddawkins.net)
- SBOE Stands Up To Creationists, Approves Science Textbooks Containing Actual Science (burntorangereport.com)
- Ohio Supreme Court upholds the firing of a creationist science teacher (richarddawkins.net)
- Bill Nye: Debate Over Evolution In Texas Schools Is Jeopardizing Our Nation’s Future (accidentvictimsalliance.com)