A friend, who happens to be a Muslim and politically active, sent me this:
Next time one of your RWNJ friends or relatives claims President Obama is a “closet Muslim” who is trying to spread Islamic law throughout the U.S., remind them of this:
In Muslim countries there are certain tendencies. Among them:
- They are anti-abortion.
- They are supportive of the death penalty.
- They are anti-gun control.
- They are anti-separation of church and state.
- They are supportive of teaching religious indoctrination in school.
- They believe women should have less rights than men.
- They oppose “multiculturalism.”
- They believe homosexuality is “evil” and do not allow same-sex marriage.
SO, if President Obama were REALLY trying to spread Islamic law in the U.S., he’d be a REPLUBLICAN!!
Most of the people who complain about Shariah law in the U.S. don’t know what it is, and also don’t know what is in the Republican platforms in the states and national party.
Then, sorta to drill it home, another friend commented:
Please don’t bother me with your bizarre claims that Barack Obama is Muslim. It immediately brands you, in my admittedly jaundiced eye, as one who either cannot tell nonsense from the truth, or one who is intent on spreading mistruths for nefarious, skullduggerous reasons.
[I apologize; the missive that came to me did not bear credit for the photographs; if you know who deserves credit for any or all of them, please tell us in comments.]
Tip of the old scrub brush to Eric and Jim. They know who they are.