Theodore Roosevelt was born in Manhattan on October 27, 1858.
Among many other things in his life, he was for a time a cowboy in the Dakota Territory, in the area of North Dakota where today resides the Theodore Roosevelt National Park.
Look closely at the picture. You can almost see Teddy. He was a powerful, guiding force behind the movement to protect precious, historic, scientifically valuable and beautiful lands, by the federal government.
Happy Theodore Roosevelt’s birthday, America.
- Theodore Roosevelt’s typewriter at Sagamore Hill
- Does this photograph show Theodore Roosevelt at Lincoln’s funeral procession? Millard Fillmore’s Bathtub, February 22, 2010
- Teddy Roosevelt statue to be unveiled at his first inauguration site, 2015
- “The Man in the Arena,” at TheodoreRoosevelt.com
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park, North Dakota
- Roosevelt’s “Progressive Covenant with the People,” 1912 (audio) (maybe a more audible version here, with a written text)
A short, mostly accurate history of Teddy Roosevelt, from some guy named Jeremiah: