Some wags designated June 23 as Typewriter Day — the anniversary of the date the typewriter was first patented by Christopher Sholes.
Links below can get us into position to commemorate the day adequately. Maybe celebrate with ribbons, without the wrapping paper and boxes? (Okay, maybe puns aren’t the way.)
Checkout the Twitter posts, at #TypewriterDay.
- American Greetings has an e-card for Typewriter Day!
- KTOO Radio in Gavel, Alaska, celebrates
- International Typewriter Day at Uppercase Magazine, 2012; and 2014
- HamletHub gets in a few historical licks for Stamford, Connecticut
- Uh-oh. Popsugar pins the day as April 30, anniversary of an 1808 Italian machine
- Oh. Don’t forget the July 23 part of the history, with Austin Burt
- Quick note with photos of lots of typewriters at Writing Ball. Lots of typewriters. Lots
- x-over-it celebrates Remington typewriters (and see the vast array of typewriter rubber stamps for sale)
- Magic Margin’s contribution (this blog is “the classroom typewriter project blog”)
- Fountain Pens and Typewriters noted the day
- Of course, we can’t overlook Oz.typewriter
- It would be a good time to watch that movie again, “The Typewriter in the 21st Century”
- We think of the Mesa Typewriter Exchange; is it still steaming along?
- How many typewriters and people have we commemorated here, at Millard Fillmore’s Bathtub?
- Whose contribution did we miss, Dear Reader? Who are your favorites?