Would it help if we sent out the bloodhounds?
Though he had said no one should run for president without releasing income taxes, and though he had said he would, then promised he would, Trump the Candidate refuses so far to let American voters see how he makes his money, or how he might spend it to benefit others.
461 days since he said he would, 49 days from Election Day November 8, Trump’s taxes remain mostly a mystery.
Why should we trust a man as president, who refuses to demonstrate a reason for that trust?
- Cleveland Plain Dealer confirms Trump paid $0.00 in taxes several years (less than you, Dear Reader, most likely)
- “How much does Donald Trump pay in taxes? It could be $0,” James B. Stewart, New York Times, August 12, 2016
- “Trump once revealed his income tax returns. They showed he didn’t pay a cent,” Drew Harwell, Washington Post, May 21, 2016
- “Trump appears to have paid no taxes for two years in the 1990s,” Shane Goldmacher, Politico, June 2016
- “5 Things You Need to Know About Donald Trump’s Tax Returns,” Shawn Tully, Forbes, August 5, 2016