3:30 p.m. Central Daylight Time. In
Barcelona, Spain, London’s Wembley Stadium, Manchester United and Barcelona(Spain) tangle for the Champions’ League trophy.
BBC News? This is the order of the stories:
- In Afghanistan, the national police chief was murdered by a suicide bomber
- In Egypt, Hosni Mubarak was fined $90 million for interfering with business by cutting phones and internet
- Yemen’s got trouble
- Palestinian independence got support from the Arab League, meeting in Doha, Qatr
- U.S. President Obama ended his tour of Europe in Poland, with a pledge of friendship
- In Moscow, Russian, gay rights demonstrators were attacked by a mob led by people who said they are members of the Russian Orthodox Church
- Barcelona leads Manchester, 3 to 1, with minutes to play
I’m not usually one to complain, but doesn’t it appear BBC News has its priorities wrong in this order of stories?