Students of history will notice inaccuracies in this video right away.
They are dreams, an imagining of the great “if only.”
Santayana’s Ghost looks on, hoping we’ll get the message, remember history, and act accordingly.
“Imagine a World Without Hate,” from the ADL.
Join ADL in our Centennial Year as we Imagine a World Without Hate™, one where the hate crimes against Martin Luther King, Anne Frank, Matthew Shepard and others did not take place. Support us in the fight against bigotry and extremism by sharing this inspirational video and taking the pledge to create a world without hate at http://www.adl.org/imagine.
Imagine a World Without Hate™. We Do. Join Us.
Tip of the old scrub brush to Pat Carrithers and Upworthy. Pat writes in to remind us of the great John Greenleaf Whittier poem, “Maud Muller”:
“For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these: “It might have been!”
- ADL Launches Major Centennial Year Public Awareness Campaign (publicisworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Me at the Anti-Defamation League’s Brodsky Conference (clrforum.org)
- ADL applauds choice of new pope (sott.net)
- The Anti-Defamation League Would Like You To Stop Comparing Gun Control To Hitler (mediaite.com)
- For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, “It might have been.” (philosiblog.com)
- Powerful Anti-Defamation League Video: ‘Imagine’ a World Without Hate (mediabistro.com)