MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell, in his feature “The Last Word”: Who’s soft on terror?
You will love this post from Day Riffer:
– “The dean looked over Barack’s transcript and college boards and then suggested in a kindly way that he apply to some less competitive colleges in addition to Columbia.”
– “There were no class rankings at his high school, but Barack never made honor roll even one term, unlike 110 boys in his class.”
– “His SAT scores were 566 for the verbal part and 640 for math. Those were far below the median scores for students admitted to his class at Columbia: 668 verbal and 718 math.”
– “At Columbia, Barack Obama distinguished himself primarily as a hard partier, and he managed to be detained by police twice during his university years: once for stealing a Christmas wreath as a fraternity prank and once for trying to tear down the goalposts during a football game at Princeton.”
– “Obama’s transcript at Columbia shows that he was a solid C student. Although a history major, he sampled widely in the social sciences and did poorly in political science and economics while achieving some of his best grades (the equivalent of a B+) in philosophy and anthropology. The transcript indicates that in Obama’s freshman year, the only year for which rankings were available, he was in the twenty-first percentile of his class—meaning that four-fifths of the students were above him. Yet at the same time that he was earning Cs at Columbia, Obama displayed a formidable intelligence in another way. At his induction into the Delta Kappa Epsilon (DKE) fraternity, he and others were asked to name all fifty-four pledges in the room. Most were were able to name only five or six. When it was Obama’s turn, he named every single one. Later he rose to become president of DKE, and he was also tapped into Skull and Bones, an elite secret society to which his father had also belonged.”
And then he somehow got into Harvard for graduate school.
I made a mistake.
Please replace the reference to “high school” with “Andover.”
Please replace “Columbia” with “Yale.”
Please replace “Barack Obama” with “George W. Bush.”
Tip of the old scrub brush to Kenny, back from China and “digging deep” in his new studies.
Bush gets a bigger discount that Wimpy Kid?
Well, visits, anyway.
This is from the press announcement by the Dallas Independent School District:
Former President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush made a surprise visit Wednesday to their neighborhood school, Dallas ISD’s John J.Pershing Elementary. Mr. Bush visited every classroom at the school and stayed for more than an hour.
“He and Mrs. Bush were very warm and inviting and they stopped and acknowledged every person in the school,” said Pershing principal Margarita Hernandez. “This is an experience that our children will never forget. President Bush made several students pledge and commit themselves to read more instead of watching TV. He told students that reading is the key to everything, including to being president.”
Pershing Elementary has an enrollment of 482 students and is located at 5715 Meaders Lane in Dallas. This past school year, it received the Recognized ranking from the Texas Education Agency.
No interruptions this time.
The socks. Just look at the socks.
18 USC Sec. 713 , governing the use of the presidential seal, and others, and Executive Order 11649, governing use of the presidential and vice presidential seals, below the fold.