A well-fitting image in the few days before the Society of Environmental Journalists (SEJ) opens its 2013 convention in Chattanooga, Tennessee (October 2-4). It was the power of the typewriter in 1963; the power of the word processor in 2013, more likely. In either case, it’s the hard work of environmental journalists, who are out to make the world a better place by showing us what it is, what shape it’s in, and how we might conserve it.
- How Rachel Carson Are You? (sierraclub.typepad.com)
- Ecofeminism and The Sense of Wonder (hypatiasheritage.wordpress.com)
- 13 of the World’s Oldest (and Most Beautiful) Typewriters (gizmodo.com)
- Rachel Carson: The Obligation to Endure (umcollegewriting1.wordpress.com)
- The Rise of The Environmental Movement (zoningthegardenstate.wordpress.com)
- Jessica Mitford: A radical touch of class (dangerousminds.net)