. . . would still be a Texas town.
But Texas towns have some of the best names of towns in the U.S. Plus, there are a lot of Texas towns, plus 254 Texas counties.
Need to be cheered up?
Happy, Texas 79042
Pep, Texas 79353
Smiley, Texas 78159
Paradise, Texas 76073
Rainbow, Texas 76077
Sweet Home, Texas 77987
Comfort, Texas 78013
Friendship, Texas 76530
- Click thumbnail map above for a larger map of Texas with many cities named, from Tripinfo.com.
Go see the entire list — and maybe add a few of your favorites in the comments. An ambitious geography teacher could make a couple of great exercises out of those lists. “What’s the shortest distance one would have to drive to visit Paris, Italy, Athens and Santa Fe? How many could you visit in the shortest time?”
More, and updated information:
- Geology.com has some great maps of Texas, by county, showing rivers, etc.
- 50 Sure Signs That Texas Is Actually Utopia (buzzfeed.com)
- 5 Reasons California Businesses Should Not Move to Texas (blogs.sfweekly.com)
- Wednesday Wanderer: Texas Wildflowers of Johnson County (handofbelapeck.typepad.com)
- Adaptations of the Australian (!!) song “I’ve Been Everywhere” written by Geoff Mack include U.S. versions (Hank Snow, Johnny Cash and Lynn Anderson, Asleep at the Wheel), and a Texas version by Brian Burns, whose video might be made into some sort of Texas geography exercise . . .