Robert Reich‘s so good he can dispense wisdom in four 140-character Tweets:
3 reasons not to break a sweat about future budget deficits.—
Robert Reich (@RBReich) November 17, 2012
His three following Tweets:
1. The real issue is ratio of deficit to total economy. If economy grows, deficit shrinks in proportion. That’s why austerity dangerous.
2. Public investments in education, infrastructure, and basic R&D should be made regardless, if public return is greater than their cost.
3. Biggest driver of future deficits rising healthcare costs (Medicare & Medcaid) but they’re slowing, so deficit projections exaggerated.
Three simple points.
To get more people to understand those points, Reich and his friends want to put out a film — but they need cash to finish it off, and they ask for your contribution
Alas, I can’t embed the proprietary video format here on WordPress. So you’ll have to go to the KickStarter site to see the trailer and money plea. Please do.
Print it out on a 3 x 5 card for your boss, if you’re the secretary to a Member of Congress, eh?
- Robert Reich: The President’s Opening Bid on a Grand Bargain (II): Put a Trigger Mechanism in the Legislation (huffingtonpost.com)
- Robert Reich: The Upcoming Mini-Deal on the “Fiscal Cliff” (huffingtonpost.com)
- Robert Reich: GOP’s supply-side mythology is going to work (rawstory.com)
- Stop income inequality! (salon.com)
- Robert Reich: Republicans pledged to Norquist, not the American people (rawstory.com)