Summers for teachers fill up quickly with various training courses — right now, somewhere in America about a thousand teaches gather every morning for a week of AP course training, for example. In larger districts like Dallas, classes convene for teachers in a dozen different locations.
Some teachers scramble to complete courses for advanced degrees, packing a semester or two into a few weeks in the summer.
Our friend Jim Stanley suggested some training we might find out of the catalog of Glenn Beck’s new, for-Glenn-Beck’s-profit school; heck, anyone could profit from these:
The Top Ten Course Offerings at Glenn Beck’s New “University”
10. Chalkboard Management
09. Making Friends with Cocaine
08. How to Weep Like a Televangelist
07. Hatriotism 101: An Overview
06. How to Link Absolutely Anything or Anyone to Marx, Lenin or Hitler
05. Hysterics: Reclaiming An Artform For the Angry, White Male
04. Screw The Bible! (And Turn to Chapter Four of Atlas Shrugged)
03. How to Ban Scientific Darwinism, While Simultaneously Advancing Social Darwinism
02. Alan Keyes: Proof That There Are, Indeed, Some “Good Ones”
And the number one course offering at Glenn Beck University . . .
01. Washed Up Disc Jockeys. Is There Anything They DON’T Know?
Tip of the old scrub brush to Jim Stanley, with many thanks.